Church Whitfield Road,
Rev Sue White
t/ 07903 312 144
Secretary- Margaret Phillipson email@example.com
Church Warden - Tina Parsons - 01304 823312
Extract from the Buildings of England, John Newman, 1983.
Saxon Nave and Chancel, to which a sanctuary was added c.1200, with its own entrance arch. Sanctuary rebuilt in 1894, by Christian. One double-splayed nave S window, and high in W wall a small splayed one, rebated outside, which the Taylors see as an early, perhaps late c8 feature. Quoins originally of flint like the rest of the walls. Also the head of the blocked W doorway, turned in flints. Blocked C12 s aisle, and C12 arch to s chapel. N aisle rebuilt 1894, but with one original plain pointed arch from the chapel.